CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 27, 2011

Wheat Thin-like Crackers


I have been wanting to try to make some more of my food from scratch, both for health reasons and for cost reasons.  When I make these from scratch, there is just 7 ingredients, nothing processed.  I really like these, as well as the rest of the family.  I hope you enjoy them as well. 

Wheat Thin-like Crackers

Ingredients:  1 1/4 cup Whole Wheat Flour
1 1/2 Tbsp Sugar
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Paprika
4 Tbsp Butter
1/4 cup Water
1/2 tsp Vanilla

Combine dry ingredients in a medium size bowl.  Cut the butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture looks like large crumbs.  None of the crumbs should be bigger than a pea in size.  Next combine water and vanilla and pour into dry ingredients.  Mix together until well combined.  Do not over mix or you will have a tough cracker. 
Work with only a fourth of the dough at a time, and roll out in to a thin sheet.  As thin as you can get without tearing the dough.  Next cut into 1 inch squares and place onto a parchment lined cookie sheet ( I used a baking stone).  Sprinkle with additional salt and bake at 400 for 5-10 minutes.  When the crackers cool, they will crisp up.  I ended up cooking mine for about 8 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment