CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Chocolate Cherry Cake with Fudge Icing


I got this recipe from a website I frequent to get good recipes, sisterscafe.com.  This cake is so yummy and easy.  My son loves anything with cherries.  I always make it for his birthday, and this year, I made it for my mother in laws birthday.  Hope you enjoy!

Chocolate Cherry Cake

Ingredients:  1 box Devils Food Cake Mix
2 Eggs
1 can Cherry Pie Filling
1 tsp Almond Extract

Preheat oven to 350.  Grease a 9x13 inch pan.  In a large bowl, combine all ingredients until well blended.  Please only mix by hand, if you use an electric mixer, it will break up the cherries.  Poor into pan and bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Fudge Icing

Ingredients:  1 cup Sugar
5 Tbsp Butter
1/3 cup Milk
1 cup Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips

In a small saucepan, combine sugar, butter, and milk.  Bring to a boil and boil for 2 minutes while continually stirring.  Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips until smooth.  Immediately pour over partially cooled cake.


No comments:

Post a Comment