CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Shrimp in Tomato Sauce Over Rice


I really didn't know what to call this dish, so if you can think of a more creative name, please do so.  I was somewhat leery of this dish at first.  I didn't know how it was going to taste.  I was really surprised with the results.  It was really good.  I even has seconds.  The kids didn't care for it too much, but my husband did.   Hope you enjoy.

Shrimp in Tomato Sauce Over Rice

Ingredients:  2 cloves minced Garlic
                   2-14.5oz cans Stewed Tomatoes
                   6oz can Tomato Paste
                   1 lb cooked, peeled Shrimp
                   2 Tbsp Olive Oil
                   1 tsp Cajun Seasoning (I like a little more)
                   1 tsp Sugar
                   Enough cooked rice for your family

  1. Cook garlic in oil until tender.
  2. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, cajun seasoning, sugar, and salt & pepper (to taste).  Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer 8-10 minutes.
  3. Add shrimp and cook until heated through.
  4. Serve over rice and enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment